Are you looking to become a better writer?
At the Himalayan Writing Retreat, we believe in making you 'Write Better. Write More'.
We have a wide range of workshops to offer ranging from Creative Writing, Short Story Writing, Poetry to Blogging and Emotional Well Being.
Our workshops are intense 3-4 day learning events. While in the past they used to run at our serene Himalayan retreat located in Satkhol , due to the pandemic, our workshops are now also available online.
However, our online courses are not pre-recorded videos. They are live and interactive.
Depending on the travel restrictions and safety aspects, from time to time, we do plan to host physical workshops at the retreat too.
If you are wondering, why should I choose HWR then our top 5 reasons would be:
- Personal Attention: We don't take more than 10 students in a class. You get a lot of personal attention and feedback. No classrooms of 20-30 people or one-way pre-recorded videos here.
- Class Quality: For most courses, we filter our participants. You can't just pay and sign up. We need to see a writing sample (in our application form) to ensure the class is of a uniform standard.
- Cost per hour: Our courses are long and intense. As an example, the creative writing course is 18000 for 24 contact hours (3 days, 8 hours each day). The cost per hour = 750 / hour. That is comparable to many of the "cheaper" courses.
- Quality of faculty: No lightweights here. Many of our faculty are award-winners. All are experts and great teachers. We don't settle for average.
- Feedback scores: Across courses, we are rated 4.5/5, or higher. You can read our reviews here.
We promise to make you think through your fingers.